Senior Designer – Remote
At GrandWorks, we challenge ourselves every day and strive to become one of the top agencies in our industry. Our team has worked with web and mobile for over 10 years, with some of the most influential companies around the world, like Spotify, OnePlus, Penguin, and more. We would love to share our knowledge with you and become better, together. We believe that our phenomenal team is the core reason for our success, our growth, and our thriving culture.
As a Senior Designer at GrandWorks, you will design web and mobile applications for our worldwide clients, address complex UX challenges and ensure that screens look attractive, where user expectations are exceeded by usability.
We are looking for a highly experienced designer with at least 4 years of prior work experience. We believe it is important that you love what you do, and that design is also your passion. You like to experiment and learn new and exciting ways to use your creativity. You need to be able to communicate well with our international clients in good English, both in writing and in speech. You should be approachable and used to feedback, yet know how to explain the purpose and plan around the design you make.
- 100% remote / work-from-home flexible schedules
- Excellent compensation
- Multiple opportunities to learn and grow in a people-first environment
- A warm company culture with a Scandinavian approach to work environment
- Clients interested in what you have to say, eager to hear your opinions, and mostly in working together towards building something great
The ideal person
- Understands the demands and expectations of a remote working culture – this one’s especially important to us!
- Is comfortable working collaboratively with product management, project management, engineering, visual/product design, and other stakeholders
- Is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and capable of thriving in a fast-paced role with limited supervision
- Has excellent organizational, presentation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Has experience leading and supporting multiple design projects at the same time
- Is highly proficient using existing design tools, e.g. Figma. and not afraid to learn new technologies
- Has experience creating high-fidelity interactive prototypes for internal and stakeholder review
- Is a team player and always willing to knowledge-share and contribute to the growth of the team
On a daily basis, you will
- Work independently or collaboratively with team members to produce UX deliverables like wireframes; high-fidelity mockups; interactive prototypes, personas, and design systems
- Play a key role in a design review & feedback gathering session with a client and our team
- Work collaboratively with the team to design innovative solutions
- Work collaboratively with engineers from our team to communicate design specifications and requirements for a web project
- Support a client’s web project launch through things like performing creative quality assurance and logging feedback tickets using our project/product management software, working with a client to help them get acclimated with their new CMS, and coordinating with our team to ensure all product requirements have been checked off before going live
- Keeping yourself updated on the best tools
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and product managers
- Work in an environment where vision and strategy exist but still have plenty of room to be shaped
- Be a valued member of an autonomous and cross-functional team
- Minimum of 4 Years in UI & UX design
- Experience working at a design agency
- Experience working in Figma
- You know and follow the latest design trends, yet with knowing what works and what does not to various clients
- You are open to new and exciting technologies to stay at the forefront of design
- Ability to match UX/UI guidelines to meet the requirements
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- You have great communication skills. You know how to deliver and receive constructive feedback without taking things personally. You know how to express your ideas in an effective manner to both technical and non-technical people. You’re able to work closely with design, dev, and backend teams
- You have a growth mindset and are constantly looking for ways to improve your skills. You’re not set on doing things “the old way” if there’s a better way of getting things done
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
Apply now and become part of this fantastic startup. At GrandWorks, remote work is at our core. Enjoy the opportunity to have a dynamic lifestyle, better health, and wellness. Find renewed passion in your job, improve your productivity, and benefit from attractive growth opportunities for your career.
Send us an email to email@example.com with your portfolio, CV, and a personal message as to why you want to work with us 😎